I just came up to tuck Kayleigh into bed tonight, which is also when I usually feed Cleo, her hamster. Sadly, when I went to the cage, Cleo was not moving. Poor Kayleigh.
This was Kayleigh's 3rd hamster in about as many years. The first one, Xavier, was a nasty little thing that did not last long. Her second hamster, Pandi, was a little better, but didn't last much longer. Finally, we decided to try another pet store and found Cleo.
At first she was a little escape artist and I spent plenty of time chasing her around the house! Needless to say, I had my doubts about her! But once she got settled, she was great! It's seems funny to say a hamster had a personality, but she almost did. She loved to roll around the living room in her ball and enjoyed being held and petted. She turned about to be a really neat pet, actually.
Rest in Peace, Cleo. We will miss you!!!!
P.S. I think we're going to take a break from hamsters for a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment